WYZB/NASH FM 105.5’s “NASH WANTS TO KNOW” Contest
A complete copy of these rules can be obtained at the offices of radio station WYZB (“Station”), 225 NW Hollywood Boulevard, Fort Walton Beach, FL, during available business hours Monday through Friday, on the Station website www.NASHFM1055.com, or by sending a self-addressed, stamped envelope to the above address.
The Station will conduct the WYZB/NASH FM 105.5’s “NASH WANTS TO KNOW” Contest (the “Contest”) substantially as described in these rules, and by participating, each entrant agrees as follows:
- No purchase is necessary to enter or win. A purchase will not increase your chance of winning. Void where prohibited. All federal, state, and local regulations apply.
Eligibility. This Contest is open only to legal U.S. residents, age twenty-one (21) or older at the time of entry with a valid Social Security number and who reside in the Station’s Designated Market Area (“DMA”) as defined by Nielsen Audio, who have not won a prize from the Station valued at $500 or more in the last 6 months, and whose immediate family members or household members have not won a prize from the Station valued at $500 or more in the last 6 months. Void where prohibited by law. Employees of Station, Cumulus Broadcasting LLC, and each of their parent companies, affiliates, related entities and subsidiaries, promotional sponsors, prize providers, advertising agencies, other radio stations serving the Station’s DMA, and the immediate family members and household members of all such employees are not eligible to participate. The term “immediate family members” includes spouses, parents and step-parents, siblings and step-siblings, and children and stepchildren. The term “household members” refers to people who share the same residence at least three (3) months out of the year. The Contest is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations. Participation constitutes entrant’s full and unconditional agreement to these Official Rules and Station’s decisions, which are final and binding in all matters related to the Contest. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein. This Contest is in no way sponsored, endorsed, administered by or associated with Facebook.
- Contest Period. The Contest will begin at 10:00 a.m. CT on Monday, November 30, 2020 and will run through 2:00 p.m. CT on Friday, December 4, 2020 (the “Contest Period”). The Station’s computer is the official time keeping device for this Contest.
- How to Enter. There is one way to enter. Each entrant must:
(a) Visit the Station’s Facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/NASHFM1055/ during the Contest Period;
(b) Comment on the daily “NASH WANTS TO KNOW” question of the day; and
(c) Include in the comment: #sweepstakes.
Any entry comments that are indecent, lewd, offensive, defamatory, contain profanities, or are in any way in bad taste or contain material that may infringe or violate any laws or anyone’s rights, as determined in the sole discretion of the Station, may be disqualified. Entry comments that are removed and/or blocked by Station and/or by Facebook will be deemed not entered in the Contest.
All entries must be received by 2:00 p.m. CT Friday, December 4, 2020. Limit one (1) entry per person per day per Facebook profile. Multiple entrants are not permitted to share the same Facebook profiles. Any attempt by any entrant to submit more than one (1) entry per day by using multiple/different Facebook profiles, identities, registrations and logins, or any other methods will void that entry and the entrant may be disqualified. Use of any automated system to participate is prohibited and will result in disqualification. Station is not responsible for lost, late, incomplete, invalid, unintelligible, inappropriate or misdirected registrations, all of which will be disqualified. In the event of a dispute as to any registration, the authorized account holder of the email address used to register will be deemed to be the entrant. The “authorized account holder” is the natural person assigned the telephone number by the wireless carrier or an email address by an Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted address. Potential winner may be required to show proof of being the authorized account holder. All entries become the sole and exclusive property of Station and will not be returned. Station reserves the right to contact entrants and all other individuals whose email address is submitted as part of this promotion. No mail-in entries will be accepted. LIMIT ONE PRIZE PER PERSON.
- Winner Selection. On or about 2:15 p.m. CT each weekday during the Contest Period (each, a “Selection Day”), Station will select one (1) entry in a random drawing from among all valid entries received through 2:00 p.m. CT on that Selection Day. The winning entrant will be contacted using Facebook messenger and/or the email address and/or telephone number provided with his/her Facebook profile and may be awarded the prize (subject to verification of eligibility and compliance with the terms of these rules). Station’s decisions as to the administration and operation of the Contest and the selection of the potential winner are final and binding in all matters related to the Contest. Failure to respond to the initial verification contact within twenty-four (24) hours of notification will result in disqualification.
- Verification of Potential Winner. THE ELIGIBILITY OF ALL POTENTIAL CONTEST WINNERS IS SUBJECT TO VERIFICATION BY STATION WHOSE DECISIONS ARE FINAL AND BINDING IN ALL MATTERS RELATED TO THE CONTEST. Each potential winner must continue to comply with all terms and conditions of these Official Rules, and winning is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements. Each potential winner may be notified by email and/or telephone call after the date of random drawing and/or winner determination. Each potential winner will be required to sign and return to Station, within twenty-four (24) hours after notice is sent, an affidavit of eligibility and a liability/publicity release (except where prohibited) in order to claim his/her prize, if applicable. A winner who returns the affidavit of eligibility and liability/publicity release will be deemed to have accepted the contest prize and thereafter will not be permitted to rescind their acceptance of the prize and/or return the prize. If a potential winner cannot be contacted, fails to sign and return the affidavit of eligibility and/or the liability/publicity release within the required time period (if applicable), or if the prize or prize notification is returned as undeliverable, potential winner forfeits prize. In the event that the potential winner of a prize is disqualified for any reason, Station may award the applicable prize to an alternate winner by random drawing from among all remaining eligible entries.
- Prizes. Five (5) prizes will be awarded in this Contest (one for each Selection Day). Each winner will receive: four (4) tickets redeemable for the 2020 Magic Christmas in Lights at Bellingrath Gardens and Home open nightly (except Christmas) from November 27, 2020 through December 31, 2020. The approximate retail value (“ARV”) of each prize is sixty-four dollars ($64).
THE TOTAL ARV OF ALL CONTEST PRIZES IS: Three-Hundred Twenty Dollars ($320).
Each winner is responsible for all taxes associated with prize receipt and/or use, as well as travel to/from Bellingrath Gardens located at 12401 Bellingrath Gardens Rd, Theodore, AL 36582.
Odds of winning the Prize depend on the number of eligible entries received by Station during the Contest Period. Station reserves the right to substitute any listed prize for one of equal or greater value for any reason. Prizes are non-transferable and no substitution will be made except as provided herein at the Station’s sole discretion.
There is no substitution, transfer, or cash equivalent for prizes, except that the Station may, in its sole discretion and to the extent permitted by law, substitute prizes of comparable value or cash. The prizes are expressly limited to the item(s) listed above and do not include taxes, gratuities or any other expenses. Any tickets and/or gift certificates/cards awarded as part of a prize will be subject to the terms and conditions set forth by the issuer and are valid only on the date(s) printed on the tickets or gift certificates/cards. Other restrictions may apply.
If any Prize or a portion of any Prize is temporarily postponed or permanently cancelled due to disease, epidemic, pandemic, quarantine, any acts of government and/or any reason that is beyond the control of Sponsors, then no substitution shall be provided by Sponsor. Sponsors make no representation or warranty about the safety of any Prize event in light of COVID-19. By accepting a Prize, winners acknowledge the risk of large group gatherings and assume all risks of accepting the Prize, attending the Prize event any other the risks associated with the Prize event, including any and all repercussions associated with attending the Event.
- Entry Conditions and Release. By entering, each entrant agrees to: (a) comply with and be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of the Station, which are binding and final in all matters relating to this Contest; (b) release and hold harmless Station, Cumulus Broadcasting LLC, Cumulus Media New Holdings Inc., Facebook, and each of their subsidiaries, related and affiliated companies, participating sponsors, the prize suppliers and any other organizations responsible for sponsoring, fulfilling, administering, advertising or promoting the Contest, and each of their respective past and present officers, directors, employees, agents and representatives (collectively, the “Released Parties”) from and against any and all claims, expenses, and liability, including but not limited to negligence and damages of any kind to persons and property, including but not limited to invasion of privacy (under appropriation, intrusion, public disclosure of private facts, false light in the public eye or other legal theory), defamation, slander, libel, violation of right of publicity, infringement of trademark, copyright or other intellectual property rights, property damage, or death or personal injury arising out of or relating to a entrant’s entry, creation of an entry or submission of an entry, participation in the Contest, acceptance or use or misuse of prize (including any travel or activity related thereto) and/or the broadcast, exploitation or use of entry; and (c) indemnify, defend and hold harmless the Released Parties from and against any and all claims, expenses, and liabilities (including reasonable attorneys’ fees) arising out of or relating to an entrant’s participation in the Contest and/or entrant’s acceptance, use, non-use or misuse of the prize.
- Publicity. Participation in the Contest constitutes entrant’s consent to use by the Station and its agent of entrant’s name, likeness, photograph, voice, opinions, entry, and/or biographical information (including hometown and state) for promotional purposes in any media, worldwide, without further payment or consideration, unless otherwise prohibited by law.
- Taxes. All State, Local, Federal and/or other taxes, duties, tariffs, title fees, licensing fees, or other fees for prizes awarded become the sole responsibility of the winner. All those who win a prize or prizes valued $600 or more in any given year will be issued an IRS Form 1099 to report their winnings.
- General Conditions. Station reserves the right to cancel, suspend and/or modify the Contest, or any part of it, if any fraud, technical failures or any other factor beyond Station’s reasonable control impairs the integrity or proper functioning of the Contest, as determined by Station in its sole discretion. Station reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Contest or to be acting in violation of these Official Rules or acting in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner. Any attempt by any person to deliberately undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, Station reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Station’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision.
- Limitations of Liability. The Released Parties are not responsible for: (a) any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by Station, entrants, printing errors or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Contest; (b) technical failures of any kind, including but not limited to malfunctions, interruptions, or disconnections in phone lines or network hardware or software; (c) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Contest; (d) technical or human error that may occur in the administration of the Contest or the processing of entries; or (e) any injury or damage to persons or property that may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from entrant’s participation in the Contest or receipt or use, non-use or misuse of any prize. No more than the stated number of prizes will be awarded. In event that a production, technical, programming or other error causes more than stated number of prizes as set forth in these Official Rules to be claimed, Station reserves the right to award only the stated number of prizes by a random drawing among all legitimate, unawarded, eligible prize claims.
- Disputes. Entrant agrees that: (a) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Contest, or any prizes awarded, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action; (b) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Contest, or any prizes awarded, shall be resolved exclusively by the United States District Court or the appropriate state court located in the Station’s listening area; (c) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Contest, but in no event attorneys’ fees; and (d) under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of entrant and Station in connection with the Contest, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the state in which the Station is located, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the state in which the Station is located or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the state in which the Station is located.
- Contest Results. A winners list may be obtained within thirty (30) days after the Contest Period expires by sending a self-addressed stamped envelope to the Station identified below.
PRIZE SPONSOR: Bellingrath Gardens and Home, 12401 Bellingrath Gardens Rd, Theodore, AL 36582
CONTEST SPONSOR: Cumulus Broadcasting LLC, 225 NW Hollywood Boulevard, Fort Walton Beach, FL 32548